This version of Bryan Johnson’s Supper Veggie recipe is easier to prepare and less strict with exact measurements but produces roughly the same recipe. Preparing 3 servings in advance makes it easier for me and is conveniently the amount of lentils in one can.
Easy Prep Super Veggie
- 1 High speed blender
- 3 Medium storage containers or dishes (Used for serving/storage of portions)
- 1 Large pot or saucepan (Must be large enough to hold 5 chopped stalks of broccoli and 1 head of cauliflower)
- 1 can Organic Black Lentils Can substitute a different can of beans for variation
- 5 stalks Organic broccoli (approx 750 gram) Broccoli with the stems attached (with the stems measuring no larger the an inch in width, and the crowns about the size of a closed fist)
- 1 head Organic cauliflower (approx 450 gram) One medium head of cauliflower after trimming the stem and leaves off
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 knob Ginger, peeled and chopped (approx 9 gram) A 2 inch long piece of ginger with a ~1 inch diameter will get you in this ballpark
- 3 whole Limes
- 3 Tbsp Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Apple cider vinger
- 6 whole shiitake or maitake mushrooms (approx 150 gram) Can use dried mushrooms and reconstitute with water/cooking
- 3 Tbsp Hemp seeds 1 Tbsp per serving added on top at the time of serving
- 3 Tbsp Extra virigin olive oil 1 Tbsp per serving added on top at the time of serving
- 3 Tbsp 100% Dark chocolate chips 1 Tbsp per serving added on top at the time of serving
- Rinse and chop broccoli and cauliflower. Peel garlic and ginger. Chop everything into smallish pieces to ensure it will blend in the following steps.
- Place broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, ginger, and garlic in boiling water. Boil until tender (7-9 min). Steaming is also acceptable.
- Prepare three containers for serving or storage to divided portions into.
- Because of the bulk of this recipe, blending will be done in stages. In a high-speed blender place dried cumin, apple cider vinegar, limes, black lentils, and about 1-2 cups of the cooked veggies. Blend until it becomes thick soup. If needed add some of the vegetable water (or steaming water) to thin out the texture.
- Portion resulting mixture into three containers for serving or storing
- Add the remaining cooked veggies to the blender and again blend until it becomes thick soup. If needed add some of the vegetable water (or steaming water) to thin out the texture.
- Portion the resulting mixture into the three containers and mix with existing contents to create a uniform mix.
- Top with hemp seeds, chocolate, and olive oil before serving