These little balls are simple to make and easy to adapt – I’ve tried them with coconut oil instead of peanut butter and they are just as delicious. You can also experiment with other protein powders, just keep in mind that the Sunwarrior Warrior Blend in Natural flavor is unsweetened, so if you use a sweetened protein powder, adjust the amount of sweetener in the recipe accordingly.
They make s satisfying sweet snack or dessert. Packed with protein, fiber, and fat to keep you full and energized.
Low Carb (almost raw) Vegan Peanut Butter Spice Balls
- 1/2 cup Sunwarrior Warrior Blend - Natural
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter Can substitute raw almond butter to make recipe completely raw
- 1/4 cup Swerve confectioner's sweetener or other sugar substitute Can substitute raw honey or sugar if you aren't doing low carb
- 2 droppers liquid stevia extract Omit if using real sugar/honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder Try to use Ceylon cinnamon if possible
- 1 tsp ginger power
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well
- In a measuring cup, add liquid stevia to water and mix. Then add all wet ingredients (peanut butter and stevia water) to bowl and mix well.
- Grab small handfuls of the dough and roll in your hand to form a ball. You can try other shapes, but I found balls to be easiest to work with as this dough is quite flakey.
- Place balls on a dehydrator at 115 degrees F for approx. 4-5 hours, depending on your preference. This will help the balls stay together and give the dough a cookie-like consistency.
- Enjoy! This are quite dense and sweet, pairing well with hot coffee or espresso.