These are very similar to my low carb paleo bread rolls except I’m replacing some of the coconut flour with almond to boost the fat ratio. This recipe makes about 20 rolls.
Low Carb Keto Bread Buns
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup psyllium husk powder
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks Or add an additional 1/4 cup psyllium husk pwoder
- 1-2 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cup water
- coconut oil (as needed)
- sesame seeds (optional)
- 10 tbsp apple cider vinegar (equiv. 5/8 cup)
- 3 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients: coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium (husks and powder), and salt.
- Add eggs and water. I mix everything together with clean hands and incorporate the water in two parts. Mix until a uniform dough is formed.
- With both hands, roll fistfuls of dough into balls then flatten slightly into desired roll shape and place on cookie sheet. Depending on the size of your rolls, you should be able to form about 15-20 rolls (I usually end up with 20). If desired, before placing rolls into the oven, lightly brush with coconut oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for about 1 hour, then place on a drying rack to cool for about 20 minutes.